Sunday, September 18, 2011

Trip to Norway

I’m slowly trying to get back to reality after arriving home three days ago from our trip to Norway. The trip itself was phenomenal. Norway is a beautiful country - far more so than I have even anticipated.
We stayed in Oslo for one night. Before we left, we had time to walk around Oslo. We saw very beautiful and interesting sights. At 3 o’clock we started our journey to Stryn which was very tiring because it took 8 hours to finally get there. We reached Stryn at midnight. Everyone started to look for their host family and when we all had happily found them, we left.
My host family lived 20 minutes away from Stryn. We had to get up a little bit earlier than the others because we didn’t want to miss the bus. The whole family were so sweet and kind to me and they treated me as part of the family which was why I didn’t even want to leave. I think I’m very lucky because I got to meet Kristi and her amazing family.
Our days were full of activities. We had so many fun things to do and so many beautiful things to see. The program was very interesting and we got to see those huge mountains that we unfortunately don’t see in Estonia.
On Friday, we had to spend the whole day at school with our hosts and we visited the lessons with them. The school was so different from our school because it was quite small and there weren't very many students. Their schoolday starts at 9.00 and ends at 14.30 every day.
All the people were very kind and friendly and I really enjoyed the time we got to spend together. I’m so glad that I got to meet those amazing people from Stryn. The atmosphere of Norway is absolutely different from the atmosphere of Estonia. The whole trip was so unreal for me and I’m so thankful for this opportunity. I really wish I could visit Stryn once more in my lifetime.

Maarit Rei (Estonia)

No comments:

Post a Comment