Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A trip to Estonia - March 2011 - Lina

I liked our trip to Estonia. It was very funny and interesting because I came to a country which I really didn’t know. It was very exciting because you didn`t know which family you were going to stay with??? How are the people there?? What does it look like there?? Will I miss my family?? These were the questions I asked myself very often before we started our trip.

But when we arrived in Tallinn, I was very impressed by the city and our hotel. Tallinn is very pretty and there are lots of interesting things to see and a very big shopping centre to go to. I loved it. Our Hotel Barons was great, too. The bed was so soft and everything was so…noble. The food was very good, too...and, all in all, I liked our short time in Tallinn.

When we arrived in Viljandi, I was very excited. I knew my host student, but I didn`t know the family!! And I didn`t know in which kind of house they live. But when I arrived and Getter and her father fetched me from the bus station, I was lucky…her father was very nice. After Getter had showed me their apartment and after I had got to know her mother and her little brother, everything was ok. All of them were very nice to me and I could ask for everything! That was great. I enjoyed my time in their family.

All the Norwegian students and the other Estonian students were very nice, too. I liked all of them. It was no problem to speak English and I think now my English is a bit better than before the trip. The programme we did all together was ok, too, but sometimes it was a bit much. I liked the trip to Tallinn most, because the museum was very interesting and there were the big shopping centres.

All in all, I really enjoyed the trip and now I know Estonia and I like it because there`s so much nature and there aren’t many people. It was soooooooooooooooo sad when we had to go! Lots of the Estonian and Norwegian people are some kind of friends now. I want to go to Estonia again...and I want to see all these people again..!!! I hope we`ll meet sometime, somewhere!!

Lina Schardey

No comments:

Post a Comment