Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Comenius in Germany, Neukirchen-Vluyn

Our journey started Thursday, 11th November 2010
We took the night bus to Gardermoen/Oslo. It took 7 hours.

Friday, 12th November 2010
We waited for 4 hours. The flight was about an hour late, because of the weather. Then we took the flight to Düsseldorf Airport, and met our host families.
Malin: Alma and I had the same drive to Neukirchen-Vluyn. When we came home to my host Marie-Christine, I met the family and ate really good dinner. Afterwards we played Mario-Kart.
Camilla: I met my host Melanie and her mother Anke, and we went home to their house in Neukirchen-Vluyn. We ate good German dinner. After some hours I met Melanies sister Sarah and her father Johannes.

Saturday, 13th November 2010
We all met at the Duisburg Station and took the train to Düsseldorf. While we were on the train, there came some drunk football fans! They were singing and shouting in German. It was very funny.
When we came to Düsseldorf, we walked to the Television Tower and looked at the view. It was raining a lot. We stayed there for a while, and then we walked to the Old Town. We split in groups and went shopping.
Malin: In my group it was me, my host M-C, Alma and her host Annika. We went to many cool shops and were mostly just looking. I had very much money to spend, but I couldn’t check my account, so I didn’t buy so much. When we were done, we went to McDonalds and met Thomas, Jörn, Markus and Lucas.
Camilla: In my group it was Melanie, Maya, Anette and I. We got lost. We didn’t have much time because of that, and I didn’t find anything.
Later I and Melanie were in Moers whit her friends Annika, Jena and Gretha. We were at café Extrablatt, that was fun.



Sunday, 14th November 2010
Today we all were at the Freilichtmuseum Dorenberg in Grafrath. We looked and a lot of old toys.
Afterwards we ate lunch at the Pancake house in the Freilichtmuseum. There were very good pancakes. After that again we went ice-skating.
Malin: I didn’t go ice-skating. I was outside with Thomas and Markus waiting instead. Later M-C, Annika, Alma and I went to the second biggest shoppingcenter in Europe.
Camilla: I went ice-skating with Anette, Alma, Connie (teacher) and Kari (teacher). That was fun.
Later that day we all went bowling at 19.00 o’clock. Camilla won over her group. Malin hate bowling, so she just threw her ball and got back on the sofa…


Monday, 15th November 2010
Everybody went to school. It was a huge school, and very different from ours.
Malin: My host and Almas host were in the same class. First lesson we had Math with Mr. Wissel. Then we had Art, it was very weird because the teacher didn’t care what we were doing, and it was loud music. Later that day we went to Mös and went shopping! It was really nice there.
Camilla: I had politics, Latin and gym. I didn’t understand any thing, but it was interesting and it was a little different from my school.

13.15 We all were at the swimming pool and ate lunch. At 14.00 the Germans had a presentation.

Tuesday, 16th November 2010
On that day it was a lot of fog, so we didn’t see much and of course it was that day it have been nice to see something. We had one lesson at school that day, and then we all met at the schoolyard and looked at the solar panels at the top of the roof on the school. After that we took a bus to Moers, were we visit the Riedel Recycling Company, which has installed one of the biggest photovoltaic plants in Germany on the rooftop. After that we took the bus to a small hill and that was the highest meters above sea level there, but it wasn’t real, it was a human-made hill consisting of the stones dug out from former coal mines. There was also a modern art monument that means an oversize red mining lamp. We were up in the tower and tried to see something, but we didn’t. We had lunch break at the family Schardey’s home in Neukirchen-Vluyn, they lived at an old farm building from 1890 and get’s its electricity from a photovoltaic plant installed on of its roof tops. After that we took a bus to Aldekerk, where we learned about biogas. There were many black cows and one beautiful grey baby cow. There were also a lot of Poinsettias, and when we write a lot we mean a lot.
After that we went home to ours host familys and spend our last evening with them.

Wednesday, 17th November 2010
Today we went to Düsseldorf Airport again and flew back to Norway. That was very sad. When we came to Gardermoen/Oslo we got on the bus to Stryn.


Camilla and Malin.

No comments:

Post a Comment